Sunday, September 27, 2009

Time slow down Please!!


As I tucked Luke in tonight and asked him what his favorite part of his birthday was and he said When he fought Darth Vader. I realized how fast the years are going by. It wasn't that long ago that I was tucking Darth in and asking him what his favorite part of the day was.

So Dear Lukie on your 6th birthday...
Please slow down.. You are growing up way to fast.
You are my homebody.. You are my kid that would love to stay home in his Jammie's all day. You are the kid that it takes a good hour from the time you wake up until you are ready to do anything . You love being homeschool and I can't imagine doing it any other way. At least for now. You are amazing.. wise beyond your years. You are my thinker.You will analyze a problem 10 different ways before acting on it. You are my puzzle kid. You love those brain puzzles the ones where your suppose to fit like 10 blocks in a big block and there is only one way to do it. You also like games of strategy.
You are great sidekick to your best friend.. Your brother..

You can be the silliest , funniest, kid int he world. You have a great sense of humor but you do like order.
You are the kid that categorizes everything. Your Lego's, your army people, your books, you make patterns out of everything. You are the one who actually like to clean the playroom!!

You keep me smiling. All I have to do is look at you in the rear view mirror and you smile at me with that toothless grin and I fall in love again. You are super easy going but funny.. You don't like to sweat. Totally cracks me up.

You tell me almost everyday." Mommy I like spending the day with you" Honey if you knew how much mommy LOVED spending the day with you!
I love you tookie.. NOW STOP GROWING!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great post and adorable picture! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day for him! Yippie for 6 great years!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Melissa, brings me to tears! So cute. We loved the party. And I was very impressed that Luke could read so well! You've done a fantastic job girl, and are very blessed! :)